Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

F is for ...Food Network Favourites

I have to admit, I am a bit of a Food Network Fan.  I have three favourite shows: Chef at Home (Michael Smith), Chuck's Day off (love his lobster tattoo) and of course, Diners, Drive-ins and Dives (huh, that would have made a fun D post).
What I love about the first two shows, is that they are cooking for their friends and families.  And on Chef at Home, you get to see inside the Pantry cupboards (a secret passion of mine, I love other people's pantries!).
My all time favourite episode of Chuck's Day off, was the one where he made Chicken Nuggets for his little cousins (along with a few other yummy things).  We tried the recipe and they were a hit.   My kids love chicken in all forms, especially nuggets and strips, so it was a nice change to be in charge of the amount of "stuff" going into them and knowing what "stuff" is in there to begin with.  Especially after some of the things I have read and heard about what goes into "other" chicken nuggets and just how little actual chicken there is, nevermind how they treat the chickens!

Make a double batch as they go really well into lunches with rice or noodles and some veggies for a well rounded meal!

Happy Packing!

A link for today: Content for Foodies  so that you can check out more of the A to Z blogging challenge!



2 comments:

  1. I must admit I like peeking also. It is fasinating to see what other peoples norms are. Great F post. I really enjoyed my visit to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, thank you so much for stopping by and following me. I'm now following you.

    I too am a Food Network fan, however, my cable company does not feature chef mike smith and Chuck's Day off.

    I look forward to reading your posts and sharing recipes.

    Thanks for following,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say...
Thanks for stopping by!