Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Some changes

    A new year of blogging has begun...And I am in the middle of making some changes.  Mostly to the types of posts...and trying to organize them into categories like monthly themes, recipe days...and a round up of great links of lunch time help...
 One of the things that was missing for me this past year as I was writing, was a place where I could write about what came to mind, beyond the general activity in and around the kitchen and the fridge or the table.  So, my hope is that this year I might find room in my week of posts for the occasional trip outside the lunch box...and maybe even attempt a few notes from the backpack.
   Let me share with you the projected weekly plan...(that would loosely follow the theme of the Month).
  • Sunday: Food for thought: A weekly menu including suppers and lunches, including a recipe or two, and a link to Savoury sunday at the Sweet Details
  • Monday: Project 52 updates: How I am making out with my list of 52 projects/goals for 2012
  • Tuesday: Recipe day and connection to Tasty Tuesdays Blog Hop at 33 Shades of Green
  • Thursday: Being Thrifty in the Kitchen: as a way to continue the work in January to keep the budget in mind in the kitchen throughout the year.
  • Friday: Notes from the Backpack (non food related post day).
  • Saturday: Recipe of the Day.
As for the monthly themes, I have gotten as far as March...So feel free to make a suggestion for the other months of the year.
  • January: Budget minded kitchen 
  • February: Love from the Kitchen
  • March: Nutrition Month
  • April...
Now, if I can keep up with 6 posts a week, then making my goal of doubling my blog entries from last year will be a simple task to complete.

Wish me luck!  Hope you'll be along for the ride!  And that you will be there to help!

Happy Packing!

Kim



1 comment:

  1. An enticing plan of action, Kim. Look forward to the new format. I am learning much from you and Jim's Girl as I continue my own journey through the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say...
Thanks for stopping by!